Thursday 8 November 2012

Hope –an invisible rope


Hi Friends,


I just want to share a story from "Tales and Parables of Sri Ramakrishna".
My skeptical mind doesnot believe in anything such as any God or babas .But Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa is an Exception. I donno why I believe in him , may be iam a hypochrite.

But Let me tell you one thing: whenever I lose hope or drown into depression, I recall this particular story and regain a ray of hope and plunge myself into activity.

Iam reproducing the story exactly as it is published in the RK matt’s book:


ONCE the son of a certain man lay at the point of
death, and it seemed that none could save his life.
A sadhu, however, said to the father of the dying
son: "There is but one hope. If you can get in a
human skull the venom of a cobra mixed with a
few drops of rain-water under the constellation of
the Svati star, your son's life, can be saved." The
father looked up the almanac and found that the
constellation of the Svati would be in the
ascendant on the morrow. So he prayed, saying, "O
Lord, do Thou make possible all these conditions,
and spare the life of my son." With extreme
earnestness and longing in his heart, he set out on
the following evening and diligently searched in a
deserted spot for a human skull. At last he found
one under a tree, held it in the hand, and waited for
the rain, praying. Suddenly a shower came, and a
few drops of rain were deposited in the upturned
skull. The man said to himself, "Now I have the
water in the skull under the right constellation."
Then he prayed earnestly, "Grant, O Lord, that the
rest may also be obtained." In a short time he
discovered, not far from there, a toad, and a cobra
springing to catch it. In a moment the toad jumped
over the skull, followed by the cobra whose venom
fell into the skull. With overwhelming gratitude the
anxious father cried out: "Lord, by Thy grace even
impossible things are made possible. Now, I know
that my son's life will be saved."
Therefore, I say, if you have true faith and earnest
longing, you will get everything by the grace of the Lord.




Hope it might help someone, because- I am witness to such miracles (as story is just a metaphor) in my own life. As they are personal, I would not like to share them.

I would like to end with a punch dialogue from Khaleja movie (Trivikram Srinivas)- " అద్భుతం జరిగెటప్పుడు ఎవరు గుర్తించరు. అద్భుతం జరిగిన తరువాత గుర్తించాల్సిన పని లెదు."

May the blessings of Ramakrishna shower on to us.

1 comment:

  1. Nice ra... Its very easy to say this. But very difficult to practice. One should experience it by his own.

    ReplyDelete